The Expandable 6 Channel ESP32 Energy Meter can read 6 current channels and 2 voltage channels at a time. Much like our Split Single Phase Energy Meter, the 6 channel uses current transformers and an AC transformer to measure voltage and power the board(s)/ESP32. The main board includes a buck converter to power the electronics and ESP32 dev board, which plugs directly into the board.
Up to 6 add-on boards can stack on top of the main board to allow you to monitor up to 42 current channels in 16-bit resolution, in real time, all at once!
This product is currently in the prototype stage, so components may change.
Backorder Status – 12/04/19 – Orders placed today will ship within a week.
- Samples 6 current channels & 1 voltage channel (expandable to 2 voltage – requires additional AC transformer to measure additional voltage)
- Add-on boards (up to 6) can expand the meter up to 42 current channels & 8 voltage channels
- Uses 2 Microchip ATM90E32AS – 3 current channels (CT1-CT3 & CT4-CT5) & 1 voltage per IC
- For each current channel the following can also be calculated by the meter:
- Active Power
- Reactive Power
- Apparent Power
- Power Factor
- Uses standard current transformer clamps to sample current
- 22ohm burden resistors per current channel
- Includes built-in buck converter to power ESP32 & electronics
- 2 IRQ interrupts, and 1 Warning outputs
- Zero crossing outputs
- Energy Pulse outputs per IC (4 per IC x2)
- Active Power LED pulse for CT1-CT3 & CT4-CT5
- SPI Interface
- Measurement Error: 0.1%
- Dynamic Range: 6000:1
- Gain Selection: Up to 4x
- Voltage Reference Drift Typical (ppm/°C): 6
- ADC Resolution (bits): 16
What you’ll need:
- Current Transformers (depending on your application)
- SCT-006 20A/25mA micro CT (6mm opening – 3.5mm connectors) – these are great if you have a lot of 15A circuits that you want to monitor
- SCT-010 80A/26.6mA mini CT (10mm opening – 3.5mm connectors)
- SCT-013-000 100A/50mA (13mm opening – 3.5mm connectors)
- SCT-016 120A/40mA (16mm opening – 3.5mm connectors) – for monitoring mains
- Others can also be used as long as they’re rated for the amount of power that you are wanting to measure, and have a current output no more than 720mA.
- AC Transformer: Jameco Reliapro 9v or 12v. The positive pin must be 2.5mm (some are 2.1)
- ESP32 (choose one):
- A 3d printed case (optional)
- Software (choose one):