The CircuitSetup Split Single Phase Energy Meter can monitor the energy usage in your entire home in real time. It can easily be hooked up to an ESP32 to wirelessly transmit energy usage data into a program like EmonCMS.
This kit is designed to manage a solar array and includes a 2x energy meter boards, 4x SCT-016 Current Transformers, and an adapter board. An SPI OLED screen can be added to the adapter board.
10/28/19 – Orders placed today will ship in 4-6 weeks. We are just beginning another production run since the first is now sold out!
With the Split Single Phase Energy Meter you can:
- Save Money!
- See exactly how much money is being spent on energy in real time
- Find appliances that are using too much electricity
- View & Gather Energy Data
- View the energy usage of your entire home
- View how much your solar array is generating, how much you’re exporting, and how much you’re using vs energy from the grid
- Calculate how much it costs to charge your electric vehicle
- Remote energy monitoring for vacation or rental properties
- Review and graph historical energy data
- Be Informed!
- Independent of your power utility’s meter
- Set up alerts for over or under usage
- Prevent surprises on energy bills
- View usage data in the EmonCMS Android or iOS apps
- Automate notifications with your home automation system like “send my phone a message when the dryer is done”, or even “if I leave the house, and the oven is on, send me an alert” (programming required)
- Spend less on energy monitoring hardware!
- Affordable but very accurate
- Save hundreds over popular monitoring systems
Everything here 2x:
- Uses the Microchip ATM90E32AS
- Samples 2 current channels & 1 voltage channel (expandable to 2 voltage)
- Active Power
- Reactive Power
- Apparent Power
- Power Factor
- Uses standard current transformer clamps to sample current
- Includes built-in buck converter to power ESP32
- 2 IRQ interrupts, and 1 Warning output
- Energy pulse output (pulses correspond to 4 LEDs)
- Zero crossing output
- SPI Interface
- Measurement Error: 0.1%
- Dynamic Range: 6000:1
- Gain Selection: Up to 4x
- Voltage Reference Drift Typical (ppm/°C): 6
- ADC Resolution (bits): 16
- Compact size at only 40x50mm
- 2x Energy Meters
- ESP32 loaded with EmonESP
- Adapter PCB
- 4x SCT-016 120A/40mA Current Transformers – 16mm opening
- 2x Jameco 9v AC Transformer (optional)