The CircuitSetup Split Single Phase Energy Meter can monitor the energy usage in your entire home in real time!
Please choose an AC transformer and current transformers (most often 120A CTs will work with your mains wires with 200A service), if needed. They are NOT included in the base price.
With the Split Single Phase Energy Meter you can:
- Save Money!
- See exactly how much money is being spent on energy in real time
- Find appliances that are using too much electricity
- Calculate energy usage for a single room to divide an energy bill fairly among roommates
- View & Gather Energy Data
- View the energy usage of your entire home
- Calculate how much it costs to charge your electric vehicle
- Remote energy monitoring for vacation or rental properties
- Review and graph historical energy data
- Be Informed!
- Independent of your power utility’s meter
- Set up alerts for over or under usage
- Prevent surprises on energy bills
- View usage data in the EmonCMS Android or iOS apps
- Automate notifications with your home automation system like “send my phone a message when the dryer is done”, or even “if I leave the house, and the oven is on, send me an alert” (programming required)
- Spend less on energy monitoring hardware!
- Affordable but very accurate
- Save hundreds over popular monitoring systems
- Uses the Microchip ATM90E32AS dedicated energy meter IC
- Samples 2 current channels & 1 voltage channel (expandable to 2 voltage)
- 2% overall meter accuracy (closer to 1% accuracy if current and AC transformers are calibrated)
- Active Power
- Reactive Power
- Apparent Power
- Power Factor
- Uses standard current transformer clamps to sample current
- Includes built-in buck converter to power ESP32
- 2 IRQ interrupts, and 1 Warning output
- Energy pulse output (pulses correspond to 4 LEDs)
- Zero crossing output
- SPI Interface
- IC Measurement Error: 0.1%
- IC Dynamic Range: 6000:1
- Gain Selection: Up to 4x
- Voltage Reference Drift Typical (ppm/°C): 6
- ADC Resolution (bits): 16
- Compact size at only 40x50mm
- Open source!
The Energy Meter Kit Includes:
- ABS Case
- Energy Meter
- ESP32 loaded with EmonESP
- Adapter PCB
- 2 Current Transformers of your choice (choose above)
- 1 Jameco 9v AC Transformer (needed to power the meter, and provide an AC reference) If you are outside the North America, you will need an AC transformer that brings down your voltage from 220V to 9-12V AC. Optionally you can monitor up to 2 voltages per meter. An additional header must be soldered on to the board for the second voltage input.