This control board allows an ESP32 dev module (not included) to control our Time Circuits Displays, or any other displays that use I2C, via the included keypad that is modeled after a real TRW keypad used in the Back To the Future Time Machine Delorean. Included are TRW style lenses, LEDs for them, and Enter button.
Note: These are currently built to order and require an additional 2-4 business days to ship.
- Control board PCB
- Number keypad
- 4x Small screws for keypad
- Keypad wire
- Square LED lenses (2x white, 1x red/amber/green)
- RTC battery
- Small 4ohm speaker
- Measurements: 4.53″ x 4.12″ (115.18 x 104.62mm)
- Real Time Clock
- Ability to get time from NTP (via ESP32 wifi)
- Class D Mono Audio Amplifier – 4ohm
- Manual volume control
- Space for SD card
- 2 additional GPIO outputs (13 & 14)
- 1 SPI output
- ESD filtering to prevent interference
- Can be powered by ESP32 micro USB port (5v)
- On board power supply which can take input from 6-20V DC (can be hooked up directly to a car battery)
- The TRW style keypad housing can be 3d printed, and the stl files are located here.
- See schematic for the control board here.
- Software for the ESP32 is located here.
- SCL – 22
- SDA – 21
- SD Card (SPI):
- CS – 5
- MOSI – 23
- MISO – 19
- SCK – 19
- Real Time Clock DS3231M (I2C addr: 0x68):
- SQW – 15 (used to blink LEDs every second)
- Keypad PCF8574T (I2C addr: 0x20):
- INT – 4 (can be used as an interrupt, but is not currently)
- Mono sound output I2S / MAX98357
- DIN – 33
- BCLK – 26
- LRCLK – 25
- Keypad White LED – 17
- Keypad Enter Button – 16
- Volume – 32