The CircuitSetup USB Zigbee Stick is designed to hook directly into your Home Assistant computer, and be used as a coordinator for your Zigbee devices. It uses the RF-Star RF-BM-2652P2 module, based on the TI CC2652P, which has an additional output power gain of 20dBm! With the Z-Stack 3.x.0 Firmware, it can support 50 direct children, 100 normal routes and 200 source routes.
Backorder update 7/2/2021: More modules are currently on order, and more Zigbee Sticks will be available in 2-3 weeks.
Currently Zigbee sticks are hand assembled and will take an extra 3-5 business days to process.
- 48-MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4F processor
- Z-Stack 3.x.0 Firmware (pre-programmed)
- Can use zigbee2mqtt or ZHA in Home Assistant
- CH340 USB serial interface
- Supports Thread, and BLE 5.2 (not enabled with Z-Stack firmware)
- Sensitivity of -100 dBm for 802.15.4 (2.4 GHz)
- +20dBm output gain
- PCB antenna
- Ultra compact
Overview of a Zigbee network featuring our USB Zigbee Stick:
The Zigbee Stick comes pre-flashed with the Z-Stack coordinator firmware, but if you would like to update or change the firmware, here is the procedure:
- Download the Z-Stack coordinator firmware named CC1352P2_CC2652P_launchpad_coordinator_202XXXXX.zip and extract
- Download the SmartRF Flash Programmer2
- While plugging the Zigbee Stick into a computer USB port, hold down the BSL button to put it into bootloader mode (on v1 the buttons are mislabeled – the RST button is actually the BSL, and vise versa. The BSL button is farthest from the RF-star module to the right of the usb connector)
- Open Flash Programmer 2 & select the “Unknown” device under “USB-SERIAL CH340” in Connected Devices on the left
- Under Select Target Device, choose CC2652P
- For Flash Images, choose the CC1352P2_CC2652P_launchpad_coordinator_202XXXXX.hex file downloaded in step 1
- Make sure Disable Bootloader is unchecked
- Click on the play triangle under Verify to flash the Zigbee Stick
If you get a Failed message after attempting to flash, the Zigbee Stick was probably not in bootloader mode. Try step 3 again.