The Expandable 6 Channel ESP32 Energy Meter can read 6 current channels and 2 voltage channels at a time. Much like our Split Single Phase Energy Meter, the 6 channel uses current transformers and an AC transformer to measure voltage and power the board(s)/ESP32.
This listing is for the Add-on board only – a main board and an ESP32 (see options below) is required to use this board.
Up to 6 of these add-on boards can be stacked on top of the main board to allow you to monitor up to 42 current channels in 16-bit resolution, in real time, all at once!
This product is currently in the prototype stage, so components may change.
- Plugs in to the 6 Channel Energy Meter Main Board
- Samples 6 current channels & optionally 1 additional voltage channel
- Add-on boards (up to 6) can expand the meter up to 42 current channels & 8 voltage channels
- Uses 2 Microchip ATM90E32AS – 3 current channels & 1 voltage per IC
- For each channel the following can also be calculated by the meter:
- Active Power
- Reactive Power
- Apparent Power
- Power Factor
- Uses standard current transformer clamps to sample current
- 22ohm burden resistors per current channel
- Includes built-in buck converter to power ESP32 & electronics
- 2 IRQ interrupts, and 1 Warning outputs
- Zero crossing outputs
- Energy Pulse outputs per IC (4 per IC x2)
- SPI Interface
- Measurement Error: 0.1%
- Dynamic Range: 6000:1
- Gain Selection: Up to 4x
- Voltage Reference Drift Typical (ppm/°C): 6
- ADC Resolution (bits): 16
What you’ll need:
- Expandable 6 Channel ESP32 Energy Meter Main Board
- Current Transformers (depending on your application)
- SCT-013-030 30A/1V
- SCT-013-050 50A/1V
- SCT-013-000 100A/50mA (13mm opening – 3.5mm connectors)
- SCT-016 120A/40mA (16mm opening – 3.5mm connectors)
- Magnelab SCT-0750-100 (screw connectors – must sever burden resistor connection on the back of the board since they have a built in burden resistor).
- Others can also be used as long as they’re rated for the amount of power that you are wanting to measure, and have a current output no more than 720mA.
- ESP32 (choose one):
- Software (choose one):